Re: [ga] Thick whois?

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Thick whois?
  • From: Jeffrey Williams <jwkckid2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 21:23:05 -0700

Joop and all,

  My second response here.  The current Thick Whois is now not adaquate to
meet security and
stability mandate of ICANN, but it is far better than the Thin alternative.
 What is sorely needed to
assist individual Domain Name Holders is a more robust Thick Whois so that
those whom host those
Domains or host their own Domains won't be so easily fooled by errant
incoming data and can
better protect themselves accordingly.  I amongst others recognize that
there is a additional
cost for such a more robust Thick Whois, but the safty, privacy, and
especially security of individual
Domain name holders will be far better served and for armed if such a
structure is mandated and
thereby internationally regulated so that cross border domain name issues
and usage abuses
are lessened as a result.  After all to be more protective of users access
is far and away more
economically sound for the long haul and perhaps the mid term than the
contrary.

Kindest regards,

CISO
Phone: 214-245-2647