[ga] Still waiting to see...

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Still waiting to see...
  • From: Randel H Hanes <hanes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 09:22:21 -0500

I added myself to the DNSO mailing list before ICANN became what it is
today.
Moved over to GNSO in hope to keep my finger on the pulse of changing
policies and view projects to watch out for issues that could up for debate.

I signed on understanding the list's rule that can be read near the
bottom of the FAQ page
http://gnso.icann.org/faq.html

If you look over the GNSO Project Status List
(http://gnso.icann.org/meetings/pending-projects-list.pdf), is there
something that seems to give you pause..
like the matter of Protection of the Red Cross/IOC names for the New
gTLD program. Should there be a special preference for one organization
over another?

Or how about something in that was covered over the Agenda for the GNSO
Council Meeting 12 April 2012
(http://gnso.icann.org/meetings/agenda-council-12apr12-en.htm). Is there
any commit for a proposal to modify the WHOIS in the debate of Thick vs.
Thin Whois for New gTLDs?

Come on folks... lets see some relevant chatter.