Re: [ga] ICANN Travel Budgeting

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, avri@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN Travel Budgeting
  • From: jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 17:36:27 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

George and all,

  Very good point here George!  But not a new one.  Back in
1999, I recommended and offered to the than ICANN interem board
to hold meetings via Internet video conferencing, to no avail.

  Seems that ICANN would rather spend huge unnecessary sums
to meet in various locals simply because they are of the
belief that person to person meetings are "Better" than
remotely via video conferencing.  Seems that spending these
huge unnecessary sums for such face to face meetings in person,
are far more important than doing their oversite of their
own RAA contracts of their registrars and registries at the
detramental expense of registrants.