Re: [ga] ICANN Travel Budgeting

  • To: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN Travel Budgeting
  • From: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 20:19:40 -0500

George Kirikos wrote:

I predict it would cost substantially LESS than $1000 per person for a
week of live feeds using Webex or other systems. And folks could
participate from the comfort of their home/office, and sleep in their
own bed at night. Their carbon footprint would also be much less.
Yes but where is the fun, the travel, etc. etc. These are working paid vacations.

I assume the number of ICANN staffers being sent far exceeds 21, so you
can just imagine the enormous wasteful spending, on the backs of domain
registrants. More bread, less circuses.
That is what I have called ICANN for years.  A circuse.

When something is "free" it tends to get abused, be it the Add Grace
Period, or travel funding. More efficient allocations of resources
occur when one is given the choice of how to allocate those "free"
funds.
That may be too logical and argument for ICANN to comprehend.

Cheers
Joe Baptista

--
Joe Baptista                                www.publicroot.org
PublicRoot Consortium

begin:vcard
fn:Joe Baptista
n:Baptista;Joe
org:PublicRoot Consortium
adr:;;963 Ford Street;Peterborough;Ontario;K9J 5V5 ;Canada
email;internet:baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:PublicRoot Representative
tel;fax:+1 (509) 479-0084
tel;cell:+1 (416) 912-6551