RE: [ga] ICANN Travel Budgeting

  • To: "George Kirikos" <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] ICANN Travel Budgeting
  • From: "Dominik Filipp" <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 15:32:50 +0100

>> ... When something is "free" it tends to get abused, be it the
>> Add Grace Period, or travel funding. More efficient allocations
>> of resources occur when one is given the choice of how to
>> allocate those "free" funds.

>> Sincerely,

>> George Kirikos
>> http://www.kirikos.com/

Well, the Add Grace Period can become in fact an additional source of
funding, whether travel funding or anything else. If you look at the
GNSO Council resolution Oct. 31 2007, it reads

"The GNSO council resolves to initiate a PDP to address the issues set
forth in the Issues Report by Staff and in the Outcomes Report of the ad
hoc group and encourages staff to apply ICANN's fee collections to names
registered and subsequently deregistered during the add-grace period."

Maybe, instead fighting against domain tasting (like I usually do) we
could better help ICANN improve this new 'budget model' so that we could
grab a little out of it too..., for instance, for allocation GA travel
funding :-)))

Dominik