[registrars] FW: Announcement posted

  • To: "Registrar Constituency" <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] FW: Announcement posted
  • From: "Nevett, Jonathon" <jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 14:36:32 -0500
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Registrars:  FYI.  Jon

________________________________

From: Tim Cole [mailto:Tim.Cole@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 2:03 PM
To: Nevett, Jonathon
Subject: FW: Announcement posted

Jon,

Please pass this on to the Registrar Constituency:

http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-18jan08.htm

ICANN is in the early stages of exploring options in a few areas for
possibly using auctions, including the disposition of data from
terminated registrars and registries. I wanted registrars to know that,
while this is being pursued for informational purposes at this time, no
decsions have been made about this approach.  I expect it may be a topic
of discussion in Delhi.

Thanks,

Tim Cole
Chief Registrar Liaison
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers