Re: Re: [registrars] Motion on Travel Funding

  • To: registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Re: [registrars] Motion on Travel Funding
  • From: Todd Han <todd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 11:02 -0800
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As registrars, we need to look out for the interests of our customers, the registrants. Every additional expense ICANN incurs will eventually be passed on to registrants.

While ICANN serves an important regulatory role, I am not so sure they are spending their money in the most efficient way. Therefore we should be making an effort to contain ICANN's ever increasing budget. Not trying to get our share so to speak.

I have a limited understanding of the GNSO. If it is true that the various councilors represent the interests of their respective constituencies, then I don't think ICANN should pay for their travel. They are not helping ICANN; they are advocating for themselves.

My 2 cents based on my current understanding, but I am open to more information.

Todd Han
Dynadot