RE: [registrars] Motion on Travel Funding - Friendly Amendment

  • To: "Ross Rader" <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Adrian Kinderis" <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Motion on Travel Funding - Friendly Amendment
  • From: "Rob Hall" <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 17:11:51 -0000
  • Cc: "Registrars Constituency" <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I will endorse Ross's motion to get the ball rolling on a formal
discussion period.

And I make one suggested clarification that I hope Ross will take as a
friendly amendment.

I believe the intent here is for ICANN to not fund the GNSO counselors.
I agree with that.

However, I am not against a constituency choosing to fund it's own
counselors out of their own constituency fees.  If the Business
constituency wants to pay for its counselors to attend the GNSO
meetings, they should be allowed to.  Same would go for us.  If we
wanted to fund part or all of our counselors costs, we should be able
to.

I am afraid that the way Ross's motion is worded, it would appear that
we are against funding of any type from any source.  So Ross, I ask if
you can tighten it up a bit to be more clear, as I don't believe you
were trying to stop other constituencies from covering their own
counselors costs.

Rob