Re: [registrars] RE: PDP Dec 05: Reserved Names Working Group: response needed

  • To: "Peter Stevenson- Fabulous.com" <peter.stevenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] RE: PDP Dec 05: Reserved Names Working Group: response needed
  • From: "Marcus Faure" <faure@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 14:19:56 +0200 (CEST)
  • Cc: "'Tim Ruiz'" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Registrar Constituency'" <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Ray Fassett'" <rfassett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Liz Williams'" <liz.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

while I can see that damage has already been done, this should not
mean we deliberately increase the level of damage. The cc.com business
relies on confusing users and leaves them in the hands of a commercial
institution with no oversight, hence I see this as counterproductive
to the development of the DNS. I therefore suggest to stay with the
current restrictions and moreover ask to have the effect of cc.com
registrations on us investigated.

Yours,
Marcus
CORE Internet Council of Registrars

--
Global Village GmbH  Tel +49 2855 9651 0     GF Marcus Faure
Mehrumer Str. 16     Fax +49 2855 9651 110   Amtsgericht Duisburg HRB9987