RE: [registrars] DROA Notice

  • To: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] DROA Notice
  • From: Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 06:08:36 -0700
  • Cc: John Berryhill <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Registrars Constituency'" <registrars@xxxxxxxx>, Jim Archer <jarcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> The transfer policy provides substantial protection for
> registrants, in the form of locks and other mechanisms.

Agree, for the most part. It could be more substantial. BTW, when do you
expect that the Transfers WG will get active again?

> The notion that registrars are going to manually verify for
> each transfer out and cancel those that are inappropriate
> is about as ridiculous...

Not true. We were successfully doing just that. What the policy has done
is taken away that choice from registrars who are capable of doing just
that.

Tim Ruiz
VP, Domain Services
The Go Daddy Group, Inc.