Re: [registrars] DROA Notice

Tim Ruiz wrote:

When do you
expect that the Transfers WG will get active again?

No current schedule. The work has taken a backseat to other issues. Unfortunately, our agenda has been victimized substantially over the last year as we reacted to crisis' created elsewhere (.net, .com agreements). The plate will continue to be "too full" as long as the settlement agreement is taking the lionshare of our attention.

The notion that registrars are going to manually verify for
each transfer out and cancel those that are inappropriate is about as ridiculous...

Not true. We were successfully doing just that. What the policy has done
is taken away that choice from registrars who are capable of doing just
that.

I'd be interested in learning more about this process. I'm aware that many registrars were denying all outbound transfers, but unaware that some were actually manually verifying all transfers out based on a personal relationship with their registrants as Jim implied. I suppose it is possible on some small scale, but hadn't considered it doable on a large-scale basis.

-ross