RE: [registrars] [Fwd: [Lextext] Bret Fausett has a new post on Internet Pro Radio | icann.Blog]

  • To: Registrars Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] [Fwd: [Lextext] Bret Fausett has a new post on Internet Pro Radio | icann.Blog]
  • From: "Robert F. Connelly" <BobC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 05:59:25 -0800
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At 04:57 AM 10/31/05, Tim Ruiz wrote:
Some of you may not have a problem with that. I do. IMHO, *ALL* participants on these calls should be announced. And *ALL* participants should be informed whether or not such call is going to be recorded, or otherwise become part of some public record. Brett was on both calls. I don't know about the second call, but he neither announced himself or informed anyone, including the ICANN staff, that the call was being recorded.

Dear Tim:  I am in total agreement with you.  Regards, BobC

To complain about ICANN conducting itself in a transparent manner on one hand, and then support the secret recording of conversations on the other seems a little disingenuous to me.