[registrars] I wonder if anyone figured out the numbers

  • To: <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] I wonder if anyone figured out the numbers
  • From: "John Berryhill" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 22:55:25 -0400
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Interesting juxtaposition of paragraphs in this article:

http://www.cbronline.com/article_news.asp?guid=6E7467B1-E770-4F6A-B0A7-5B711
8146E39

There are close to a quarter of a million domain names a week being
registered for just a few days, while people "test" the traffic potential of
those names before discarding them, chief executive Stratton Sclavos told
analysts yesterday.

The news came as VeriSign reported a 74% increase in revenue for the second
quarter. It came in at $445m. Net income almost doubled to $41m over the
same period last year.