[registrars] White paper on new gTLDs from Philip Sheppard et al

  • To: <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] White paper on new gTLDs from Philip Sheppard et al
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 22:04:48 +1000
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello All,

Philip Sheppard from the GNSO Business users constituency has produced a
white paper which has been sent to members of the ICANN Board.

Attached is the powerpoint version of this paper.

It proposes only sponsored TLDs.   I personally don't support the
concept of sponsored versus non-sponsored.  I am more interested in what
the TLD is for - not how it is governed.

I am interested in feedback from registrar members.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin