RE: [registrars] Variations on the current domain name model - proposed registrar workshop for Luxembourg

  • To: ross@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Variations on the current domain name model - proposed registrar workshop for Luxembourg
  • From: Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 07:04:42 -0700
  • Cc: jwesterdal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, registrars@xxxxxxxx, faure@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I agree that registries should be concerned about this practice. They
may see some short term benefit to this activity but it will be short
lived.

Already there is at least one user doing repetative adds and deletes for
the same names to apparently benefit from the traffic without ever
really paying for the names.

In some cases these names infringe on the IP rights of others but not
long enough to always be seen.

It may only be a few players today but I don't think we should be short
sighted about this. Unchecked it WILL become many millions of names per
day.

Tim