RE: [registrars] ICANN RAA Review
- To: "'Bruce Tonkin'" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [registrars] ICANN RAA Review
- From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:11:32 -0600
- Importance: Normal
- In-reply-to: <57AD40AED823A7439D25CD09604BFB54DE1A9A@balius.mit>
- Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
And perhaps Add Grace Period abuse.
[mailto:owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bruce Tonkin
Sent: Sunday, February 20, 2005 6:56 PM
Subject: RE: [registrars] ICANN RAA Review
> Our Objectives
> I would ask everyone in the Registrars Constituency to sit
> with a copy of the RAA and a marker and highlighting other
> areas that ICANN should review, this maybe an opportunity for
> us to give feedback on certain contractual modifications that
> the RAA should have which would benefit us as a community.
> Couple of areas that we could look at are -
> - Budget ;)
> - Compliance
We might also consider some of the provisions around WHOIS.
The ICANN consensus policy development process creates new obligations
on registrars. We may wish to consider if we want to initiate some
improvements ourselves. They may need to go through a public review,
but provided they are consistent with the security and stability mission
of ICANN I believe they could be accepted.