[registrars] Re: panix.com hijacked
- To: Registrars Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [registrars] Re: panix.com hijacked
- From: Mark Jeftovic <markjr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 00:29:06 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
There's a thread on NANOG to the effect that panix.com has been
hijacked from Dotster over to MelbourneIT and it has pretty
well taken panix.com and its customers offline, see
Looks like this may be among the first high-profile unauthorized
transfer under the new transfer policy.
It begs the question, despite the existance of the dispute policy
under the new system, what provisions should there be for a
situation like this where every hour causes untold damage to the
party in question.
Maybe there needs to some sort of emergency reversion where at least the
nameservers can be rolled back immediately while the contesting parties
sort it out.
Mark Jeftovic <markjr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Co-founder, easyDNS Technologies Inc.
ph. +1-(416)-535-8672 ext 225