ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [registrars] Recapitulations of nominations, BEAST, Nomcom, GNSO Representative.

  • To: "Robert F. Connelly" <BobC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] Recapitulations of nominations, BEAST, Nomcom, GNSO Representative.
  • From: "Ross Wm. Rader" <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:09:54 -0500
  • Cc: Registrars Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxx>, RC Voting Members <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • In-reply-to: <>
  • Organization: Tucows Inc.
  • References: <>
  • Reply-to: ross@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 (Windows/20041206)

Robert F. Connelly wrote:

Nomcom Representative:

Nominations were opened on 1 December 2004. Tom Barrett was nominated on 13 December 2004, he accepted and was seconded. He has submitted his conflict of interest statement.

Elliot Noss was nominated and seconded on 20 December 2004. We have not received his acceptance and conflict of interest statement.


The Rules are confusing because they refer to a nomination as a "motion". The text had been cut and pasted from the section on Motions. Note the reference in red, *call for motion and call for discussion*, which make little sense for a nomination. However, it would appear that the drafters intended to have nominations held open for 14 days. That said, Elliot's nomination came after the closing. I propose that we either elect Tom Barrett by acclamation or that I post a ballot with only one candidate.

I await your comments.

I'd like to formally request a "bend" of the rules to allow Elliot's nomination. In addition to a heavy travel schedule this month, I've been laid up with a minor, but confining, injury. As a result, I haven't been in the office since November :) Compounding this is the fact that Elliot is still in Africa and hasn't had great connectivity over the past week. Although I know he has every intention of accepting his nomination and I'd do it on his behalf if I could, I can't guarantee when he will do so.

I know this sounds like a hard luck story, but these are the facts :). Special consideration in this instance would be appreciated, but I also understand this might not be possible.

Thanks in advance for your consideration,



Contact info: http://www.blogware.com/profiles/ross
Skydasher: A great way to start your day
My weblog: http://www.byte.org

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>