RE: [registrars] Recapitulations of nominations, BEAST, Nomcom, GNSO Representative.

  • To: <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Robert F. Connelly'" <BobC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Recapitulations of nominations, BEAST, Nomcom, GNSO Representative.
  • From: "Thomas Barrett - EnCirca" <tbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 23:00:40 -0500
  • Cc: "'Registrars Constituency'" <registrars@xxxxxxxx>, "'RC Voting Members'" <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Bob,

I think Elliot should stay on the ballot.  As a general rule, I believe we
should always be flexible whenever the constituency has people willing to
volunteer their time.

I appreciate the desire to try to adhere to consistent procedures to ensure
an orderly and fair process.  But we have already deviated from the normal
procedure.  And obviously, the bylaws do not address this situation.  I
would like to suggest the following:

Since you re-issued a request for nominations on 12/12, then I propose that
the 14-day window should be restarted on this date.  This would make the
revised nomination deadline to be 12/26.

I also do not consider my acceptance of the nomination to contain a proper
conflict of interest statement.  So, here it is:

I am President of EnCirca, Inc, which is a registrar of domain names in
ICANN gTLDs and ccTLDs. I am not in possession of, nor have access to
Registry Proprietary Information or Registry Sensitive Information as
defined in the relevant ICANN/Registry contracts.

Best Regards,
Tom Barrett
EnCirca, Inc