RE: [registrars] Proliferation of registrar locks

  • To: ross@xxxxxxxxxx, "Paul Lecoultre(CORE secretariat)" <secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Proliferation of registrar locks
  • From: Nikolaj Nyholm <nikolajn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 21:52:00 +0100
  • Cc: Registrars@xxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ross,

You can't seriously claim that the transfer policy is not open to misuse.

Stating that "the Registered Name Holder [must be] provided with the
reasonable opportunity and ability to unlock the domain name prior to the
Transfer Request", is *not* very clear.

As I remember it, (losing) Registrars have previously successfully argued
that requiring a fax with a copy of incorporation documents and/or driver's
license is a "reasonable opportunity and ability" to authorize a transfer.

C'mon Ross, we can do better.

/n