[registrars] Privacy Initiative in Japan

  • To: <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] Privacy Initiative in Japan
  • From: "Michael D. Palage" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 10:22:54 -0400
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bob, Jean-Michel, or any other Japanese Registrar:

I read this article today about recent actions by the Japanese government to
increase privacy protection of individuals, see
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/newse/20040730wo32.htm. Although this does not
appear to be on all fours with the current privacy debate regarding the
Whois data, I do think it is something relevant that might be useful to
track.

Can anyone Japanese registrars provide any additional information on this
proposed legislation and how it could impact your business operations.

Best regards,

Michael D. Palage