[registrars] TLD Competitive Marketplace

  • To: <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] TLD Competitive Marketplace
  • From: "Michael D. Palage" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 07:55:55 -0400
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello All:

I thought the following article regarding .GOV registration prices might be
of on interest, see
http://www.fcw.com/fcw/articles/2004/0726/web-dotgov-07-29-04.asp. One of
ICANN's greatest successes which I am constantly reminded of is the costs
savings that the competitive registrar marketplace have introduced as well
as the wide range of new service offerings.

Federal rules which allow GSA officials to assess the fee set the upward
limit at $1,000 for registration and $500 for renewal. "$125 to support the
overall registration process is actually very reasonable," said Keith
Thurston, assistant deputy associate administrator in GSA's Office of
Electronic Government and Technology.

Best regards,

Michael