Re: [registrars] FW: Transfer Undo Mechanism

On 6/9/2004 6:57 PM Elana Broitman noted that:

Dear all - one of the last remaining issues before ICANN can publish the
changed transfers policy is how the registries will address the transfer
undo mechanism.

This is what we have been waiting for since the end of March?

I can't understand why everything takes so long to implement once the decisions have been made. Imagine if we each ran our respective businesses with similar urgency.

Transfer undo is a critical element of the policy. The registry approach warrants further examination, but I completely disagree with your accompanying analysis. In any event, none of this really matters because this officially brings us to the fourth (fifth, sixth?) round of transfer policy debates and frankly, I'm just not interested in participating.

The policy was designed to be implemented and then revisited on a "debug" basis on regular intervals. I would urge ICANN to do precisely this.

I can't for the life of me understand what is so difficult about this set of policy recommendations that makes it impossible for ICANN to implement it.

	-rwr

"In the modern world the intelligence of public opinion is the one indispensable condition for social progress."
	- Charles W. Eliot (1834 - 1926)