Re: [registrars] I am a lil confused abt the 3.8 mil

  • To: "'Registrars Constituency'" <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] I am a lil confused abt the 3.8 mil
  • From: Jean-Michel Becar <jmbecar@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 18:39:49 +0900
  • Cc: Bhavin Turakhia <bhavin.t@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Bhavin,

No no you are right. You are even below the truth.

Transaction Based Registration Fee        = $8.449 millions
Variable registrar Support Fee            = $3.8   millions
Annual Registrar Accredition Fee          = $0.9   millions

so we have a total of $13,149 millions

and then of course you have the Registrar Application fee from the new registrars.

This is from page 20 of the draft budget.

Yep registars are the biggest payers and frankly when I listen to Paul there is no chance they want to change those figures for this year.

If I summarize Paul's position:

"Yes I understand that the Registrars have the biggest burden on their shoulders and that's unfair, it shouldn't be that way but we need that money this year to be able to serve you and to do our job, and don't forget this is not you as registrar who are paying but the registrants."

So frankly instead of looking for a new budget which frankly there is little chance to be adopted I urge the RC to really consider to add on our contract sonething to avoid this situation in the future.

Regards,
Jean-Michel

Bhavin Turakhia wrote:

Oh wait a minute. I forgot to add the $4000 per Registrar fee in this. That
comes to $4000*200 => $800,000

Are we footing $12.2 million out of the total $15.8 million?

There seems to be something wrong with my calculation. I cant put my finger
on it

Best Regards
Bhavin Turakhia
Founder, CEO and Chairman