[registrars] Budget Committee Nominations

I believe that the nominations for the budget committee election closes today. Two important items that need attention;

1) If your name is;

- Tom Barrett;
- Paul Westley;
- Sig Solares, or;
- Mark Jeftovic

and you would like to represent registrar interests on this important committee, then please acccept your nomination. I firmly believe that each of you would be excellent representatives.

2) If you would like to support one or all of these candidates, then please make your endorsements heard.

Side-note...

I am personally frustrated by the seemingly endless increases in the fees that registrars must pay and also by what seems to be a lack of new participants from our constituency on these types of committees. I really believe that we need some fresh ideas at the budget table in order to ensure that the fees that registrars pay are appropriate and well utilized.

-rwr
on behalf of me...

The following is my original nomination of these candidates...

> ...I'd also like to make the following
nominations;

- Tom Barret, Encira. Tom is a business man that has been around the domains racket for a long time. I think he'd do well for us.

- Paul Westley, Internetters. He is our treasurer after all. If we can't trust him to look after our interests with the budget then we've got bigger problems ;) Paul would be a great addition to the committee.

- Sigmund Solares, Intercosmos/DirectNIC. Sig may be quiet, but he's one of the smartest entrepreneurs that I know. If anyone could extract concessions from the budget process, it would be him. Sig seriously deserves our considerations.

- Mark Jeftovic, EasyDNS. Mark knows how to run a small business. ICANN would do well to watch smaller players like Mark as ICANN grows its own business. Mark sits on the Board of CIRA and the Whois Steering Committee - he'd do a great job for us as well.

- Bhavin Turakhia, Directi. Bhavin is outspoken on a lot of issues but never gets the chance to step up to the plate in an official capacity. I'd love to see him take a crack at the budget and think that he would do a great job for us.

Two points I'd like to make - 1) I haven't talked to any of these nominee's, so I'm not sure if any or all of them will accept the nomination - they should, they'd all be great. 2) The constituency membership deserves more input from a broader set of members. The same people run time and time again and while they do a reasonable job, we need a broader voice in order to get a better result. I really hope that people take this into account when they cast their ballots.

And now, I'm going back to my vacation ;)

Have a good holiday everyone!

--

                       -rwr

                "Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions.
                                           All life is an experiment.
                            The more experiments you make the better."
                        - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Got Blog? http://www.blogware.com
My Blogware: http://www.byte.org