RE: [registrars] Representatives required for 3 WHOIS task forces

  • To: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Representatives required for 3 WHOIS task forces
  • From: "Elana Broitman" <ebroitman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 08:53:10 -0500
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tim - thank you.  I accept both nominations and would be pleased to serve on either task force.  As you all know, I have championed Whois issues for many months, advocating  within ICANN and with US and EU Government bodies for changes to the Whois that help to stem data mining, and working to avoid the "unfunded mandates" that some would like to impose on us in terms of accuracy verification.  I believe that I have a good understanding of the issues and a good working working relationship with other constituencies and stake holders, so that I can facilitate a balanced review of ideas and solutions on either task force.

In terms of any conflict of interest, I don't believe that I have anything that any other registrar would not have.  In other words, we run a Whois per our RAA and RRA requirements and have customers asking for more privacy.  This certainly provides me with a keen interest in seeing progress on these issues.  But, I have no commercial interest in Whois solutions that may benefit from recommendations.

Thank you again,

Elana Broitman

I second the nomination of Elana Broitman for the Accuracy Task Force.

Tim Ruiz
Go Daddy Software, Inc.

Elana Broitman
Register.com