[registrars] RE: Acceptable Delivery Method (Fourth Draft of GAINING registrar form for transfers)

  • To: "Larry Erlich" <erlich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] RE: Acceptable Delivery Method (Fourth Draft of GAINING registrar form for transfers)
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 12:11:30 +1000
  • Cc: <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Larry,

> Is it possible for the gaining registrar approval "letter" to
> be delivered by a method other than email? If not, does this
> assume that if the registrant does not have a current email
> address with the losing registrar, or does not have any email
> access, they can't transfer registrar?

We have yet to see the proposed contractual changes etc, but my
understanding of the policy development outcome was that you could send
the form to the registrant contact via:
- email, fax, or post
(it using the contact information available in the WHOIS).

The issue with voice is probably one of proof.  Although I guess you
could record a conversation where a notice was read out and an
affirmative answer received.  You may then need some way of verifying
that the voice in the recording was the registrant.  It is all
technically possible - although an email is fairly cheap.

Regards,
Bruce