RE: [registrars] Ross's Motion - Suggeseted Amendment

  • To: <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Ross's Motion - Suggeseted Amendment
  • From: "Rob Hall" <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:07:03 -0400
  • Cc: "Registrars Mail List" <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ok ... I will take a crack at it.

Can someone remind me how the process within ICANN now works in the GNSO ?

I think I remember that it is supposed to be a bottom up consensus type of
thing.  That would imply that a single constituency could start the process
of creating policy and setting up a task force etc.

If I am right, can someone shoot me the details, and I will craft the motion
to get the ball rolling immediately on this important issue.

If not, we probably need a motion to ask the board or GNSO council to do
something immediate.

Ross:  I agree it needs to suspend the current .com implementation.  I am a
little softer on the .museum folks, as I understand they have been doing it
for a while, and frankly, none of us gave a damn.  Given that they did it
with ICANN permission, I see no reason to back step them as well.  Just
Verisign, who ignored process and went ahead on their own ... damn the
torpedoes.

Rob.