Re: [registrars] Ross's Motion - Suggeseted Amendment

  • To: Rob Hall <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] Ross's Motion - Suggeseted Amendment
  • From: "Ross Wm. Rader" <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:25:18 -0400
  • Cc: Registrars Mail List <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 9/18/2003 1:16 PM Rob Hall noted that:

> Would you consider an amendment to your motion that refers the matter to the
> GNSO for immediate study, and suspends the recent Verisign implementation
> until the study is completed ?

If it suspends all gTLD implementations until the study has been completed and a process has been followed to carefully gauge the impact of the proposed change on the technical and user communities, then yes. I don't want to be in a situation in a few weeks or months where the SSAC issues some findings and Verisign or Neulevel says "Thanks for the input, we'll take it under advisement" and ignores the interests and wishes of the community.

Elana and I talked earlier about essentially the same thing, but I've had a hard time framing it in words - can you put forward some proposed text that we could incorporate?

As well - Jim Archer - if you're listening, now's the time to get those "whereas's" in...

--

                       -rwr