RE: [registrars] Verisign change to operation of the .com DNS lookup service

  • To: <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Verisign change to operation of the .com DNS lookup service
  • From: "Elana Broitman" <ebroitman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 16:55:13 -0400
  • Cc: <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I note that Ross' motion received one "second."  Our rules of procedure require 5 endorsements, so I will add myself to the endorsement list.

If Ross can get 3 more, it can go forward for a vote.  I also note, however, that the relevant date for getting our position heard is the GNSO Council's Sept. 25th telephone meeting.  There seems to be a great deal of interest and concern among constituency members.  Therefore, if there are no objections, I would recommend that we use boardrooms to vote on an expedited basis, so that a vote could be concluded by the 24th.  Is there any objection?

Regards,

Elana Broitman
Register.com
575 Eighth Avenue