[registrars] WIPO-II working group representative

  • To: <Registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] WIPO-II working group representative
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 14:04:11 +1000
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello All,

Elana Broitman, as chair of the registrars constituency, called for
nominations for a registrars representative to the President's working
group on WIPO-II on 19 August 2003.

Elana also nominated Robert Connelly on 19 August 2003.
I seconded this nomination on 19 August 2003.

3 weeks later I have seen no further nominations on the registrars list.

I propose that the registrars constituency appoint Robert Connelly to
this role, without further election.

Are there an objections to this approach?

Note that working group is not a policy formation body, but is mainly
working with the respresenattives from the GAC to provide advice to the
President on whether the WIPO-II issue should proceed through a policy
development process in the GNSO.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin