Re: [registrars] WIPO-II working group representative

  • To: Registrar Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] WIPO-II working group representative
  • From: "Robert F. Connelly" <rconnell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 22:40:36 -0700
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At 02:04 PM 9/9/03 +1000, Bruce Tonkin wrote:
Elana also nominated Robert Connelly on 19 August 2003.
I seconded this nomination on 19 August 2003.

3 weeks later I have seen no further nominations on the registrars list.

Dear Bruce:  I need to provide a conflict of interest statement.  Here it is:

1.1. Conflict of Interest.

1.1.1. Any person nominated to be an Elected Member must declare potential conflicts of interest as follows:

1.1.1.1. to the effect that such person has not been in possession of any Registry Proprietary or Sensitive Information during the 12 months prior to the announcement of any election that they have been nominated as a candidate in; and

[I am not in possession of any Registry Proprietary or Sensitive Information]

1.1.1.2. disclosure of any conflict of interest, including contracts of employment or personal services to a Member, any member of another ICANN Constituency, or other Observer to the Constituency. Such positions shall include, but not be limited to: officer, director, consultant, or employee.

[I have no contracts of employment or personal services to a Member or a member of any other ICANN Constituency. I am not an Observer to such Constituency. I am not an officer, director or consultant or employee of any related enterprise other than PSI-Japan and PSI-USA]

1.1.1.3. The timing of such declarations is prior to the commencement of the election process, and every six months after the election of such person. A statement of disclosure must also be made promptly at any other time that such Elected Member has reason to believe that a conflict has arisen, such person has become in possession of any Registry Proprietary or Sensitive Information, or such person has reasonable cause to know either circumstance is likely to occur within 30 days.

[No comment]

1.1.1.4. The disclosure shall be forwarded to the Secretary of the Constituency, who shall immediately publish it to the Registrars' Constituency website and the Registrar Constituency mailing list.

[I'll see if I can get the Secretary to take care of this:-) ]

Respectfully submitted.

Robert F. "BobC" Connelly