RE: [registrars] wls and domain expiraion dates (9/11)
- To: Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [registrars] wls and domain expiraion dates (9/11)
- From: Rick Wesson <wessorh@xxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 18:04:30 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: Registrars List <Registrars@xxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <AFEF39657AEEC34193C494DBD7179222250845@phoenix.mit>
- Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> players likely to use such marketing tactics through the mining of
> port-43 WHOIS. Note also that many of the names due to expire will be
> renewed, and hence will never become available.
renewal rates run about 40% to 50% of names registered hence a significant
portion of names will be deleted over the 12 month period of the WLS test.
The registrars that will have the most advantage are the same that prefer
the list not to be disclosed.
I am just pointing out that a fair and open market requires in WLS
subscriptions requires additional information, otherwise the largest
registrars have a significant advantage over all other market