Re: [ga] Additional Resources

  • To: GA <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Additional Resources
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 15:00:06 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Correct Joe,

  We will not have that until sometime after Sept. 6th. I am not sure if it will be the electronic type of interface or the old fashion kind of person to person.

  We have through this period (our referendum to the Council action) seen some interesting occurrences that have drawn little to no general attention, or perhaps I should say no real reaction. If the RAA and the WHOIS do not excite users and registrant what on earth will?

  And then we have had one of the most vicious attacks of recent years and no one seems to notice. I mean if threats of lawsuits and criminal actions by Attorney Generals and US Attorney types are not food for postings what is?

  It is both my hope and my bet that folks are waiting on us here. They do not want to be viciously attacked so they await the teeth you talk about Joe. They do not want to discuss the RAA under the auspices of the at-large for a myriad of reasons, so they wait. They are not interested in a WHOIS wg that is run under other various constituencies, so they wait.

  I just hope I am right and that they still remember how to post.
  Bad news - a little heatwave here in So Cal, I will have to turn on the fan.

  Eric

Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I should point out we still don't have the power to modify the
membership list of the GA. I can make decisions but can not act on
them. I don't have access to the interface required to exercise the
powers of the list rules. Not complaining - just making a point of
pointing out the obvious.

cheers
joe baptista

--
Joe Baptista www.publicroot.org
PublicRoot Consortium

begin:vcard
fn:Joe Baptista
n:Baptista;Joe
org:PublicRoot Consortium
adr:;;963 Ford Street;Peterborough;Ontario;K9J 5V5 ;Canada
email;internet:baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:PublicRoot Representative
tel;fax:+1 (509) 479-0084
tel;cell:+1 (416) 912-6551