Can we have an advance vote. Re: [ga] Voting on List Rules***

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Can we have an advance vote. Re: [ga] Voting on List Rules***
  • From: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 12:40:18 -0400
  • Cc: GA <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm counting down the days that we have list rules. My vote is yes because my position in all of this is lets get on with it. Those who are active need to prove themselves and the rules are managable. They can even be automated.

I'll be cheerleader in this.

"Let's vote success, vote yes, vote yes".

My basic goal is to empower this organization and rules represent a norm of conduct beneficial to all that actively participate and want to show they can make a difference. Bravo.

regards
joe baptista

Hugh Dierker wrote:

The final rules are posted at;
http://www.geolang.com/draftGAListRules5.htm
or
http://www.geolang.com/draftGAListRules5.txt
Refer to them as List Rules - Draft 5 for vote.
Continuing during the next four days I will post this notice that the rules will be voted on in public on the list by a yes or no vote. Dates of voting will be Aug 12 - 14. We have no booth. Only members will be entitled to vote. We will lose voters due to the public nature of list voting. Some of these will be due to their positions and that is just the way it is at this time. It will be important for those with the courage and ability to render a vote to do so. Clearly the higher the participation the higher the credibility of this list forum.
***The list currently has 202 members. That is up, which is a curious thing in that this is a traditional Holiday month. I am looking for a voting booth, which I will not run, to be used in this voting.
Eric
As Chair

Got a little couch potato?
Check out fun summer activities for kids. <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48248/*http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=oni_on_mail&p=summer+activities+for+kids&cs=bz>

--
Joe Baptista                                www.publicroot.org
PublicRoot Consortium

begin:vcard
fn:Joe Baptista
n:Baptista;Joe
org:PublicRoot Consortium
adr:;;963 Ford Street;Peterborough;Ontario;K9J 5V5 ;Canada
email;internet:baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:PublicRoot Representative
tel;fax:+1 (509) 479-0084
tel;cell:+1 (416) 912-6551