Re: [ga] Issues: ICANN fails, the senate commerce commitee prevails:FCC to Develop 'Super V Chip' To Screen All Content

Hi,

Quoting Jeff Williams on Monday August 06, 2007:

| For more relevant evidence as to ICANN's involvement and/or
| promotion of this failed idea, see:
|
| http://www.cdt.org/headlines/654  most relevant

This has nothing to do with any ICANN involvement in kids.us. It reports
two separate items: one about the ICANN MOU, and one about kids.us
legislation. Neither are interrelated.

| http://www.fitug.de/icann-europe/0107/msg00020.html

This documents nothing to do with any ICANN involvement in kids.us.
It doesn't even discuss the subject.

| http://www.ntia.doc.gov/forums/kidsus/webcast.html

This documents nothing to do with any ICANN involvement in kids.us.
The word "ICANN" doesn't even appear once in the transcript.

Linking to yourself saying that kids.us is related to ICANN doesn't make
it true.

| http://www.icannwatch.org/articles/04/01/20/1714241.shtml

This documents nothing to do with any ICANN involvement in kids.us. In
fact, it says the exact opposite.

| Clearly ICANN's involvement in (kids.us) is well documented

Yes, from what you've shown it is clearly documented that ICANN isn't
involved in any way. As I said before, ICANN does not set each ccTLD's
policies, that is something for the countries to decide.

kim