[ga] To ICANN or not to ICANN

  • To: GA <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] To ICANN or not to ICANN
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 12:35:57 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There are a growing number of groups and individuals that believe strongly on a different model than ICANN and the current understructure of the Internet. We have several here in the GA. (all to remain nameless lest personalities not principles cloud issues)
  And I note with some history that the most credible ones seem to desire a cooexistance. Where as others zealously pound at the disappearance of ICANN and todays addressing and numbering.

  Case in point is this .ewe that I ran up upon.. Why not? Why the Heck not?
  I think we should view this issue with detachment and cold logic. It should be discussed as in pros and cons not personal histories and harbored resentments.

  I think ICANN schould com to the table on this one with good intent.

  Eric