Re: [ga] GA List Rules - Version 2 Post Limits

  • To: GA <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] GA List Rules - Version 2 Post Limits
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 16:33:54 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Well let us revisit this before I go changing the draft.

  I propose 5 and 8 with strict etiquette content adherence from 6 to the 8.

  It is very important we keep this out of the hands of personality conflicts. (no, not the making of rules - the enforcement thereof) So they need to be easy to understand and enforce.
  As I see it, I can disrupt this list easy enough with 5 list posts a day. Or I can contribute easy enough with 2.

  Eric
  as Chair

"Prophet Partners Inc." <Domains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Hi Eric,
  <snip>
  We'd prefer to have a **recommended** posting limit of 5 messages per person per day, with a strict limit of 10. There are times when a person may legitimately need to respond to multiple comments and/or questions that are directed at them, thereby exceeding the 5 post limit. To avoid wasting people's valuable time, those who do go over the **recommended** posting limit of 5 messages per day should keep the additional messages succinct and **on topic** regarding GA issues. Offenders can be publicly humiliated with a warning by the List Monitor or the Chair on the GA list. Repeat offenders can have their posting privileges suspended. Posting limits would not apply to either the Chair or WG leaders when acting in their respective official capacities.

  Sincerely,
  Ted
  Prophet Partners Inc.
  http://www.ProphetPartners.com