Re: [ga] GA List Rules - Version 2 Post Limits

Ted and all,

Good compromise language here.  But again I am afraid that
Dr. Dierker isn't interested in compromise language.  Sotiris
is on vacation and will return, and George is afraid of
the GA may threaten the BC's level of dominance on the
GNSO council as his real reason for leaving.

Prophet Partners Inc. wrote:

>    Hi Eric,
>
> We'd like to think that everyone participating on the GA list is an
> adult and can exercise some self restraint. There are two sides to
> this argument. Strict posting limits can interfere with the flow of
> discussion and impede progress. OTOH, No posting limits can bring
> chaos and result in contributors like Sotiris and George unsubscribing
> from the list. The following would strike a balance.
>
> We'd prefer to have a **recommended** posting limit of 5 messages per
> person per day, with a strict limit of 10. There are times when a
> person may legitimately need to respond to multiple comments and/or
> questions that are directed at them, thereby exceeding the 5 post
> limit. To avoid wasting people's valuable time, those who do go over
> the **recommended** posting limit of 5 messages per day should keep
> the additional messages succinct and **on topic** regarding GA issues.
> Offenders can be publicly humiliated with a warning by the List
> Monitor or the Chair on the GA list. Repeat offenders can have their
> posting privileges suspended. Posting limits would not apply to either
> the Chair or WG leaders when acting in their respective official
> capacities.
>
> Sincerely,
> Ted
> Prophet Partners Inc.
> http://www.ProphetPartners.com
> http://www.Premium-Domain-Names.com

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827