RE: [ga] Chair business

  • To: <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>, "'GA'" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Chair business
  • From: "Debbie Garside" <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 21:27:51 +0100
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eric wrote:

> PS. do you need to capitalize chair?

Of course, in every respect ;-)

  _____

From: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Hugh Dierker
Sent: 11 July 2007 20:05
To: GA
Subject: [ga] Chair business

I will lie to you. Someone told me to act more like a chair. The concept has
surfaced.

Therefor we will forthwith operate under the following;

The chair shall post in one of two capacities.
The first and foremost, by obligations agreed to and undertaken, are, as
chair. Administrative matters shall be thus posted. Centering arguments
within threads. Steering a posting individual if there is ambiguity or
obvious matter left out matter in the post. Routinely setting forth areas of
concern and formulating and implementing phraseology to assist in reaching
consensus. Interact assertively with other bodies within ICANN.

As an individual. It shall be assumed the chair is posting as an individual.
So the chair will have to make open and clear designations to any posts made
as chair.

These concept will be followed immediately. If there is any problem with
this concept, it may be altered in the future at anytime.

I guess this is the first "as chair post" so I will add;

Official Post by the chair of the GA. But I think generally "as chair" will
do maybe in the header.

Eric

PS. do you need to capitalize chair?

  _____

Need a vacation? Get
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48256/*http://travel.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTFhN2h
ucjlpBF9TAzk3NDA3NTg5BHBvcwM1BHNlYwNncm91cHMEc2xrA2VtYWlsLW5jbQ--> great
deals to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.