[ga] Chair business

  • To: GA <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Chair business
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 12:05:15 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I will lie to you. Someone told me to act more like a chair. The concept has surfaced.

  Therefor we will forthwith operate under the following;

  The chair shall post in one of two capacities.
  The first and foremost, by obligations agreed to and undertaken, are, as chair. Administrative matters shall be thus posted. Centering arguments within threads. Steering a posting individual if there is ambiguity or obvious matter left out matter in the post. Routinely setting forth areas of concern and formulating and implementing phraseology to assist in reaching consensus. Interact assertively with other bodies within ICANN.

  As an individual. It shall be assumed the chair is posting as an individual. So the chair will have to make open and clear designations to any posts made as chair.

  These concept will be followed immediately. If there is any problem with this concept, it may be altered in the future at anytime.

  I guess this is the first "as chair post" so I will add;

  Official Post by the chair of the GA. But I think generally "as chair" will do maybe in the header.

  Eric

  PS. do you need to capitalize chair?