RE: [ga] Proposal: New Cross-constituency mailing list

  • To: Debbie Garside <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Proposal: New Cross-constituency mailing list
  • From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 14:56:34 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: kieren.mccarthy@xxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Debbie,

--- Debbie Garside <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Perhaps, rather than proposing a new (non-inclusive) list to combat
> the
> noise you could contribute to the efforts for the re-working of the
> GA
> Mailing List Rules that is currently taking place.  I am sure your
> input
> would be welcomed by the Chair.

That's part of the "noise" -- there is no chair to this list,  and the
handful of people who've been pretending there is one (perhaps they
don't have a Nintendo Wii to play with or an Sony Playstation) have
been adding to the noise. I'd reiterate my comments from a few months
ago:

Back when I first joined the GA mailing list, cross-constituency
discussions were far more active (that was the time of the WLS debate,
when folks from eNom, Tucows, VeriSign, Neustar, IP Constituency
members, Bret Fausett, Thomas Roessler, Marilyn Cade, Mike Palage,
Milton Mueller, John Berryhill, Esther Dyson, etc.). If one compares
the archives of this mailing list 4 or 5 years ago to the present, many
people have left this list, but are still active in their
constituencies. Creating a list with less noise might bring them back
(a handful of brave souls still lurk, though), and foster
cross-constituency debate to reach consensus across constituencies when
debating policies.

Here are a few helpful links for you, Debbie:

http://www.gtld-mou.org/gtld-discuss/mail-archive/08015.html
http://www.gtld-mou.org/gtld-discuss/mail-archive/03504.html

Every videogame must eventually come to an end.

To make it more inclusionary, ex-Board members (e.g. Karl) could be
included too.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/