Re: [ga] RE: issues that are long closed?

Joop and all,

  Good point Joop.

First Roberto says this issue is closed, than he says it's not
closed a few days later.  I believe he has a task that the
ICANN Bod and Sr. Staff have charged him to do which
he is having trouble doing and is stalling for time while also
trying to break down the GA's resolve.  I believe if Roberto
is successful he is in line for a promotion.  Remember, ICANN
appointed Roberto, we did not ask for him to be the liaison.

  Further it seems ICANN has to reform or face serious
consequences which most of us here are not aware of.
Roberto and Vini are trying to sell the RALO concept,
problem is it wont sell.  ALAC, RALO, or whatever
alphabet soup concept that disincludes individual representation
for registrants or users, will never sell unless we loose our
resolve.  Freedom to choose is not always easy, but it is
right.

Joop Teernstra wrote:

> At 07:53 p.m. 3/07/2007, Roberto Gaetano wrote:
> >Joop,
> >
> >I think that we are talking past eachother on two different wavelengths:
> >what I mean is that the issue of individual registrants representation in
> >the GNSO is still on the table (and sorry for pointing out that we are far
> >from having consensus on it, but this just a reality check), while the
> >global election by individual members is currently not.
>
> Hi Roberto,
>
> I think the two-wavelenghts spring from  you wanting to address both Danny
> and me in one message. We are eh,.. individuals.
>
> I want to plead for a constituency for individual registrants. That has to
> be the starting point.
>
> You have seen my comment on Milton's NCUC draft.
>
> As for a  well reasoned and motivated paper: how about the Carl Bildt's
> /Esther Dyson's ALSC report?
> http://atlargestudy.org/final_report.shtml
>
> After all, ICANN  paid good money for that.
>
> Isn't the time ripe to dust it off? The arguments remain the same. Only the
> shape and form can be further argued.
>
> -joop-

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827