RE: [ga] Increased foreign attendance

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Increased foreign attendance
  • From: jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 00:47:20 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Debbie and all,

  Both of course!  US law is recognized all over the
world and is enforcable via many legal precepts in
other jurisdiction, i.e. long arm statutes, extradition,
and international subpoena power.  This does not however
mean that US law always applies.  It certainly does not.
It does mean that as a matter of fact ICANN itself is
subject to US law, as are any and all of its contractual
agreements, ect...

  And I certainly do not berate ICANN for reaching
out Internationally.  Increasing foreign attendance
is a good thing IF applied fairly as Danny earlier
remarked on this thread.  I just believe that reaching
out to my fellow Americans is every bit as important
and has been less forthcoming.  Instead ALL of the
$96,000.00 was spent on other than my less financially
advantaged Americans.  I personally find that to be
skewed/less than fair.

  Secondly, it seems to me as George had suggested yet
again that using internet vidio conferencing would be
a far more economic way of increasing attendance at
ICANN meetings and other functions.  My company for instance
has cut our travel and overall meeting costs by 67% using
internet video vedio conferencing, even for very large meetings
and functions.