Re: [ga] Increased foreign attendance

Veni and all,

  Please pardon me again, but how do you know better?
And
Why do you desire to ignore or do away with the lessons of
history?  Isn't that throwing away knowledge which you wish
to share and admire?
And finally, are you aware that the practice of age discrimination
is illegal, and Professor Froomkin is a law Professor?  I do not
know is actual age of course, as it is none of my business, however
I believe he is older than I, and I am in my mid 50's.  So when using
age as an argument, you are treading on some very thin ice.  Folks
like Professor Froomkin may take you and ICANN to task for
such blatant discriminatory language.  And now you have given
cause for such a civil action.

As for RALO's.  From my and our members whom have so far
chimed in perspective, we agree largely with Professor Froomkins
remarks.  I will add that it seems that the RALO idea is seemingly
designed to be disinclusionary as there is no individual membership.
So that doesn't  meet  the "smell test" for transparency and openness.
Nice try, no cigar.

veni markovski wrote:

> At 11:25 6/28/2007  -0400, Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law wrote:
> >The fact they stopped is more a measure of the fact that ICANN
> >wasn't listening to anything it didn't want to hear.  I know that a
> >large number of civil society groups decided at pretty much the same
> >time that spending money trying to move ICANN was pouring money away.
>
> Well, I know differently. That makes us people with different
> knowledge, which is good. Now that we've shared it, we both have more
> knowledge.
>
> >As for the RALOs they're so far from the Board's ear that one
> >wonders whether anyone takes them seriously or if they're just there
> >to let ICANN insiders bamboozle the press.
>
> Perhaps instead of spending time on this list, people with knowledge
> could contribute much better within the RALOs; however the problem is
> that at the RALOs there are new people, who don't have all this
> history behind them (you have noticed how some of "them" start each,
> or almost every, e-mail with the words "long time ago", or similar:),
> and that makes them not the usual negativists.
>
> veni

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827