RE: [ga] Increased foreign attendance

  • To: <sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Increased foreign attendance
  • From: "Debbie Garside" <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 10:54:47 +0100
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi

Just a couple of small observations not directed at anyone but rather for
the thread as a whole.  Technically government ministries (supposedly)
represent the people who elected them.

On a further note, many of us (probably most in this forum) have an option
as to whether we spend our money going to ICANN meetings.  Questions like:
is it worth the expense or is it not?  Do I want to spend my money on this
or shall I have an extra holiday with my family? Can I afford the time?
Etc.  Come into play.  For some the prospect of going to an ICANN meeting
means spending 4 years (+) income!  Not really an option is it!
http://www.cbuhaiti.org/about_haiti.htm

I, for one, applaud the initiative.  I wish there were more such. If there
were no such initiative, no doubt, members of this forum would be beating
ICANN around the head with a big stick demanding it!  Perhaps we could
change the essence of this thread to how ICANN can improve their "Inclusion
Initiatives" as opposed to griping about participants being "paid" to
attend.

Regards

Debbie Garside