Re: [ga] ndependent review and information disclosure policies posted

  • To: Karl Auerbach <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ndependent review and information disclosure policies posted
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 23:45:29 -0700
  • Cc: Edward Hasbrouck <edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, icann staff <icann-staff@xxxxxxxxx>, "David T. Murray" <dmurray@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Suzanne Sene <ssene@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Karl and all,

  Given I also have had 2 requests for independent review pending, one
from 2000 also, and one from 2002, I can only conclude either ICANN
has never had an independent review done or it chooses not to disclose
any information regarding any said independent review.  I know I have
never received any information regarding my requests for independent
review.

  Whichever is the case, it clearly indicates to me ICANN's staff and
leadership is negligent in terms of transparency in this regard.  As
such I believe harsh disciplinary action by DOC/NTIA is warranted
if not necessary, towards ICANN's bod and staff.

Karl Auerbach wrote:

> I heard from a board member (one whose clear judgment and good sense
> have been demonstrated to me many times) who wonders about your
> perception of the status of the independent review provider.  From
> his/her point of view it seems that you are working from out-of-date
> information.
>
> What I wonder is this: Without going into great detail, what is the
> current status of the independent review mechanism and provider as you
> perceive it?
>
> (I have a request for independent review pending since year 2000.)
>
>                 --karl--

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827