RE: [ga] Call for Statements of Interest -- NA RALO Seats on ALAC

  • To: Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Call for Statements of Interest -- NA RALO Seats on ALAC
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 20:55:36 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Roberto,

The last time that I checked the GA is not an ICANN
sanctioned body.  As you recall, its representative
structure was officially eliminated by ICANN at the
same time that ICANN ignominiously dispensed with
elected at-large directors.  A truly great moment in
ICANN history if you happen to be a fan of bloodless
coups.

Roberto, at one time you respected the value of the GA
as a cross-constituency platform for discussion (you
chaired the body), but now the GA doesn't even figure
in your GNSO Improvements.

At one time you understood that the At-Large was an
aggregate of unaffiliated individuals; now you
persevere in the farce that non-commercial orgs are
the at-large.

Your ascent to the Board has changed you (in my
opinion, for the worse).

... but I'll spare you a back-and-forth discussion
about the NARALO (it's not worth it), and let you go
ahead and get ready for the orchestrated photo-op at
the MOU signing that will demonstrate to the world
that ICANN has finally solved "its vexing at-large
problem".

You'll be spending $760,000+ a year for the input from
these pretenders to the at-large mantle... I hope that
their pontifications about Internet Governance will be
worth the expenditure made on their behalf.

Enjoy the rest of your meeting, and let's hope that
you get to work on the "specifications" needed to deal
with the required revisions to the RAA.  That's what
the "real at-large" has been calling for.

all the best,
Danny

=== message truncated ===

Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.