Re: [ga] RAA

Hugh Dierker wrote:
I am convinced that this is going to be a very hot topic with very little registrant/individual user representation in the formal ICANN task forces and WGs. too many view the RAA as a contract between the parties with no Third Party Beneficiary Rights. I believe the opposite is true; That the RAA is only a contract for the benefit of the individual domain name holder.

The contract explicitly disclaims third party beneficiary rights/status.

That tends to be the determining factor.

ICANN could try to change it, but it may require the consent of the registrar/registry involved unless it can somehow become a "consensus policy" to which the registrar/registry has agreed to accept in advance.

Thank ICANN's staff and law firm for this one; it was never an explicit question before the board.

		--karl--