Re: [ga] RAA

  • To: Karl Auerbach <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] RAA
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 16:51:27 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: GA <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eric & Karl:

My immediate concern is that as per discussions in
Lisbon, Paul Twomey was supposed to start a process by
which the RAA could be discussed in a formal setting.
While the GA indeed may involve itself in a parallel
process, we can probably be of greater assistance by
taking an active role in whatever process Paul brings
forward (in a fashion akin to our current efforts
vis-a-vis the WHOIS initiative).

The following is the language of the ICANN Board's
Lisbon resolution:

Resolved (07.__), the Board requests that the
President provide a report on the status of escrow
compliance relating to ICANN?s current agreements, at
or before ICANN?s Meeting in San Juan. The report
should also propose a process for a public discussion
on creation of a policy for appropriate protections
for generic TLD registries, registrars and
registrants.

Sometime within the next 40 days ICANN's CEO is to
have the above-referenced report ready and a process
that would allow for discussions of the RAA.

When that process is ready to commence it is my hope
that we can act as a group to thoroughly represent the
registrant interest in the RAA revisions.

best wishes,
Danny

____________________________________________________________________________________Give spam the boot. Take control with tough spam protection in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.